You all know how much I love the fabulous Pikaland.
Archive for August, 2010
These hand knit fox stuffed-animals are killing me. They’re adorable.
Made by Sara Carr in the UK and for sale here.
Directed by Daniel Mercadante & Will Hoffman
Supervising Producer: Robert Krulwich
Original Score: Keith Kenniff
Go check out every episode of RadioLab if you haven’t already. Its amazing.
(Everytime I talk about jogging, I can’t help but think of Anchorman when Ron Burgandy says,
“Veronica and I are trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it’s jogging– or yogging. It might be a soft j. I’m not sure, but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It’s supposed to be wild.”
I love that movie.)
One of my dearest friends has become a bonafide runner, and I’m trying to get it together enough to do a 5K race with her in September. 5k should be no big deal, right? I am in reasonably good shape, after all. But so far I just feel pathetic, as it feels like someone is stabbing me in the hips and sooner, rather than later, I’m just limping along. (I think this is because of my bowed legs.)
However I’ve got some new stretches, and a whole 5K plan, and G to cheer me on. (He’s totally joined The Jogging Craze.)
Any tips? I mean, besides wearing outfits like the ones above?
The PikaPackages are here and available for sale! Hooray! Take a peek at all the lovely goodies inside…
And Animal Paper Toys from me…
And for a limited time Pikaland is hosting a PikaPackage giveaway valued at over $70! Check out the details here.
But of course, if you don’t win, you can always buy one here!
Ooh July was so much fun! We actually took the time this year to do a bunch of summery things, which I’m really happy about. BBQs, and the beach, outdoor concerts, and mini road trips, ice cream stands, pool jumping, sangria drinking, drive-in movies (Above: those are my feet propped up in the car. heh.)… It sounds silly, but its like we forget to do these things sometimes. I don’t know– its not just about being busy. Hmm, two introverts huddled around computers all day…I’m sorry to say, its more in our nature to turn the ac up and hunker down. So I’m glad we got out. I’m glad I have more freckles than I’ve had in years!
First a couple of fun announcements:
My little shop, Other Such Things is now open!
& I’m now offering custom portraits! Please get in touch if you’re interested! Drawing people is my favorite thing ever, so I’m especially excited about this! I’d also be thrilled to draw your furry friends as well…
And onto the July Goals list. I did pretty well– especially considering all that “getting out”. hah.
- I opened a Twitter account. I am actually loving Twitter. Loving it. Which is hilarious as I was so reluctant.
- I have a new Facebook fan page!
- I did some new pieces and came up with a bunch of ideas for more.
- The website and blog were tidied up. See? Look over there.
- I finished the Flourish e-course and highly recommend it!
- My newsletter is all set to go! (You can sign up here if you’d like!) Its going out TOMORROW!!
- AND my little shop, Other Such Things is now open! Its not fully stocked– I’ll be adding to it over the next few days. After that I expect the inventory additions will be slower. But I’ve got so many ideas for new items! I’m really excited about it.
So I didn’t do so badly. I think my goals shifted a bit. Hmm August is going to be busy! Here are some things to get me started– I’ll know I’ll be adding to it.
- Work on making portfolios to send around to select clients.
- Cold Call a couple of companies for contact info.
- Organize promotions effort.
- Get a postcard ready
- Send out some shop press releases to blogs.
How is everyone else in the Meetup doing?