Archive for December, 2011
Bryony gave me the idea of doing a year-in-review post, looking back over everything that happened in 2011.
Ready? Ok, here are some of my highlights!
- My website got a bit of brushing up.
- I went to the winter New York SCBWI Conference.
- I can’t deal with the word “fiance.”
- G’s last surgery on his ear!
- I participated in the Work/Life 2 Illustration Directory. (I got super lucky and am sandwiched between two of my favorite illustrators ever: Lisa Congdon and Gemma Correll. Good job, last name.)
- Suicidal books.
- I got diagnosed with Crohn’s.
- I started the Video Mondays and Working Wednesdays series on this ol’ blog here
- Co-Birthday/Bachelorette Weekend in NYC
- G and I got married! (Thanks to our wonderful friends and family who helped us pull it off!)
- Honeymoon in Joshua Tree where our dear friends got married!
- Our wedding, with photos by Li from Fat Orange Cat Studios, was featured on Ruffled.
- Clamming on Martha’s Vineyard with G’s family!
- I contributed a post to Oh My! Handmade Goodness! about our kid-friendly wedding.
- Our dog bit another dog another dog. ( Ok, not a highlight, but…a learning experience for sure.)
- One last We Are Wizards screening at the Nevada City Film Festival in a whirlwind trip to CA, NY, and CT!
- I got personal about Health Insurance.
- New Winter promo postcard.
- Falling Leaves conference was amazing.
- Cake-In-A-Mug recipe perfected.
- G, our dog, and I completed our 6 months of (self imposed) one-on-one doggy training with Christina. –Who is amazing, btw.
- I started a line of t-shirts, called Nerdbaby! (More on that in 2012.)
- My prints are for sale online through Society6.
Phew! I know I’m missing some, but that’s a pretty good list.
Tonight we begin another round of road trips–CT, VT, NJ, and NY. Looking forward to spending Christmas time with family and friends. It will be a little quiet around here until next year(!) but I’ll be chattering away on twitter. Come say hello!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!
Enjoy this little video the
design studio production company Mindcastle made of creating their holiday card a few years ago.
Does your business send out holiday cards? I know that’s something everyone is supposed to do. But unfortunately, I never seem to get it together with all the other craziness going on.
I’m thinking Valentines Day cards instead…
Have you guys seen Madewell’s genius online video campaign? It’s basically a “choose your own adventure” video.
I haven’t seen anyone else use this yet and I think it’s just brilliant. Usually advertising gives me this icky feeling in the pit of my stomach, but campaigns like this–perfectly styled and executed– make me so excited.
Have you heard of The Goodwin Project?
A young family leaves their home on Kauai…It is what they will learn, what they bring others, what they will pass on to their children in the hyper-expanded classroom, the lab of direct being; a legacy passed from a father to his family.
…Together with a small film crew the Goodwins will document how they are changed by their travels, and the effect they have on their acquaintances, hosts, friends and ticket agents as they circumnavigate our planet, through 18 countries and four seasons. This is the story of their encounters with the world.
They step into the current faithfully, inquisitively, boldly and with good will.
I’m fairly certain I couldn’t live like this. Which is a little bit sad to me. I love traveling, but I’m pretty sure my little homebody-self would have a hard time being so untethered. But I love that other people can embrace a life of adventure. It seems like a magical way to raise a family.
Who knows? Maybe some day I’ll get to prove myself wrong…
Happy Birthday Brother- in-Law! Thirty is the best!
(That’s us–ignore me being silly– back in June.)