Oh dear, this post is a couple days late. The group over at Modish Biz Tips all posted on Monday. Ah well. So it goes. But I’m here! Just busy, like everyone else.
1. Finish and mail out holiday mailer. I got the cards today, and they look great! I’m cranking up hulu tonight to stamp and address for a couple hours to get these suckers out there.
2. Get everything ready for the workshop. Done! And the workshop was pretty amazing. I think it deserves its own post. Another thing I meant to do already.
3. Set up a time to organize and clean up my studio every day. Um. Still working on this one. I’m having trouble motivating myself at the end of the day. It’s just the last thing I want to deal with it. But there’s never a time I want to deal with it. I think I’ll have to resort to self-bribery…
4. Continue looking for a wholesale account for Magnetic Kids.
5. Contact publishers with new work. Nope. But I have some new leads after the workshop.
6. After the workshop, make a plan of action based on what I learned there. I need to work on this one some more though.
7. Sign up for the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators Conference in New York. I’m torn. I asked a lot of people what they thought of this conference and from I gleaned, it doesn’t sound like a good place to make connections. I’m thinking about waiting until the New England one.
8. Participate in illustration online communities more. Hello Pikaland! Hello Illustration Mundo!
9. Organize and make special holiday gifts for clients. They aren’t quite done yet. Or organized.
10. Make a list of things to do during our week in Vermont! Alas I made the list, but the trip with Mr G was canceled. Don’t be too sad for us though. We made it up there for Thanksgiving.
Sooo. Yikes. December already. Here we go…
1. Mail out holiday mailer.
2. Organize special client holiday gifts.
3. Make and send them.
4. Make a list of publishers and potential new clients in the children’s market.
5. Bribe myself to clean my office.
6. Collect my thoughts from the workshop.
7. Make time for making fun holiday things and gifts!
That’ll do it for this month. It’s crazy enough already, don’t you think? Is anyone else excited to look back at all your goals you made through out the year?
A huge thank you to the wonderful Jena for creating Modish Biz Tips and this meetup. I’m sorry it’s ending, but am so excited for you! Jena, you summed it up perfectly:
…here’s to not being afraid to try things, to experimenting and being brave in your ideas, and to not being satisfied until you truly find the place you’re meant to be.