So at first glance my goals for September didn’t go so well. But I think it was more of a matter of changing priorities and focus, as opposed to slacking off. I’m ok with that.
1. Make a list of all the reasons marketing is fun. I made a list. I should post it here so you guys can add to it.
2. Finish drawing Fall Mailer and send it off to get printed. Ergh. This one did fall by the wayside and now I’m seriously behind. Not good.
3. Get a wholesale account for Magnetic Kids. Still working on it.
4. Make a list of blogs, and then contact 3 each week for both Magnetic Kids, and Other Such Things shop. This felt like to much to bite off in the end. I did make a list, but contacting three a week is too much for me right now.
5. Be brave and buy an expensive printer. It will be worth it. Nope.
6. Use said printer and put some prints in Other Such Things! Nope.
7. Make a letter mobile. Or two. List in Other Such Things shop. Nope.
8. Research holiday guides. I did a bit of research.
9. Go. to. the. beach. Yes and it was lovely!
10. Get a dog. yup, I dare me. We are working on it!
10. Think about updating portfolio site. Have some more changes to make, but did make some serious headway on this one.
Anyhow I’ve decided to really focus on pursuing children’s illustration. So I’m going to work on my networking skills to get some advice. I want to start contacting book publishers as well as magazines. I’m hoping the book workshop will be helpful will all of this.
I think this means not selling prints for right now. Maybe I’ll change my mind, but it seems like too much at the moment. So that fancy new printer will have to wait. Sad.
But it does mean updating my site with new kid’s work. I’ve been working on a few new pieces, and I just finished up an illustration for Time Out NY Kids. Exciting! And perfect timing.
Btw, the photo above is a plaque on a historic house in Wickford, RI. I love the colors and the little icon above the name. Providence doesn’t have any icons on it’s historic plaques…